Reverend John F Zink
Pastor Zink was born in Monroe, Michigan, July 28, 1871 and ordained December 18, 1897. He was pastor at St. John’s in Frankenmuth 21 years. During his tenure there he also served three other congregations and was instrumental in the organization of a Lutheran church in Silverwood.
He was called to Trinity in 1918, serving until 1938. He then accepted a call to St. John’s, Sterling, at the age of 67. Pastor Zink retired after 52 years of ministry in 1949.
He returned to Bay City and Trinity congregation in his retirement.
Reverend Zink was called one last time, to spend eternity with his Savior, June 17, 1954. His earthly remains were interred in Green Ridge Cemetery.
Pastor Zink was on the board of directors for Lutheran Children’s Friend Society and also served on their building committee for a children’s home built in Bay City.
“…the gracious Lord has kept His protecting hands over our congregation and blessed it with His pure Word and Sacraments, the greatest of all heavenly blessings the Lord, our God, can give unto us. We have reason to rejoice and be glad, for the Lord has done great things for us.”
– Pastor John Zink
The Roaring 1920’s
Pastor’s Annual Salary: $1,200
Teacher’s Annual Salary $1,150
Reverend Zink was the first pastor to enjoy a bubble bath when a bathtub was installed in the parsonage. Electricity was installed in the church in the 1920’s.